PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Data privacy is of high importance for us and we want to be open and transparent with the way we process your personal data. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We, therefore, have a policy setting out the purpose for which your personal data will be collected, as well as how it will be processed and protected.
- Your data will only be used to improve our service to you and your experience with us
- The protection of your data from unauthorized access is our number one priority, this includes prevention of unauthorized access, editing or sharing of data
- We shall commit to communicating all necessary information in the clearest and concise manner
- You have the option of deciding what and how you hear from us
- All personal data, if not essential for our analytics, shall be deleted so as to prevent and surplus information being stored in our system
PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
The controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the applicable data protection law is CLAB, established and acting in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
3015 AA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Registration Number: 74151339
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We shall be processing your personal information for the following reasons:
- The execution of contracts which you are party to
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Marketing and other legitimate interests pursued
These include the following:
- Collection of personal information in order to provide you with the best possible customer experience
- Operational requirements necessary for internal processes
- Fulfilling your requirements regarding our services and products
- Fraud prevention
- Exclusively our own internal marketing, research and product development
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Through online purchases (when you place an order)
- Via direct marketing (when you sign up to our newsletters)
- When you register for a CLAB account
- Via communication through our Customer Care
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Processing and delivering your purchases
- Taking payments and making refunds
- Sending you service messages by SMS, email or otherwise
- Providing customer care services and support, handling returns, warranty claims
- All forms of fraud detection and prevention
- Security and Protecting our website
- Showing you our advertisements while you browse the web
- Providing you with information about our products and services, promotions, discounts and news regarding your preferences and wishes
- Improving our website and mobile app
WHAT TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
- Identity and contact information (email address, first name, last name, address, phone);
- Financial and transaction information (credit card data, details about payments provided by 3rd party payment processors);
- Profile information (first name, last name, email address, password and as additional non-mandatory user info: gender, time zone, date of birth);
- Technical information (internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser info, time zone, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and other technology on the devices you use to access the website;
- Marketing and communications information (email address, first name, last name, gender, time zone, region, country, purchase date, IP address, order date, product purchased, subscription source, language, order ID, user ID, subscription date, last change date).
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide services to you or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
We may keep some of your information, if required so by law, even after your account has been closed and we no longer need to provide any services to you.
Data used for direct marketing will be saved until the user unsubscribes or becomes inactive for more than a year.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not and will not sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Affiliated companies and processors based on the fulfilment of the purchase agreement or to perform internal processes and procedures
- Companies issuing credit cards, providers of payment services to process payments and banks, on the basis of your order, to fulfil a purchase agreement
- Carriers to deliver your order or services
- Other service providers and third parties involved in data processing
- Third parties, such as law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies, and related parties, if we are required by law to do so
- Third parties carrying out surveys among customers
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You must be aged 16 or over to use the Sites and our other digital offerings. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personal data from children aged 16 and under. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.